Saturday, November 18, 2006

The return of common sense

I havent had much to say lately, and I've had very little time in which to say it anyway. But I've got a bit of time now, so I'll pass along this article (courtesy of Dante Lee) about the Democrats already attempting to restore my faith in America by amending the deeply flawed (and unconstitutional) Military Commission Act. They propose to restore Habeas Corpus, disallow "evidence" obtained under duress, and limit Presidential powers to "define" the Geneva Convention rules, among other things. Will they succeed in getting the bill through? Hard to say. Will King George veto it? Yeah, probably. Will he look bad doing so? You betcha!

2 comments:

Omnipotent Poobah said...

I think looking bad passed off his list of worries a long time ago.

Saur♥Kraut said...

Yup. Dittos to the Grand Poobah.