Tuesday, November 11, 2008

eat this, old people


source: mydd, via Gerry Canavan.

So, these young folks... what lesson do you suppose they drew from the last eight years? All you folks who've kept Republicans and their doctrine of every-man-for-himself in charge, or at least framing the debate, for the last quarter decade, I hope this question keeps you up at night. Pray that Obama turns out to be a good, caring leader.

Richard Vernon: You think about this: when you get old, these kids - when *I* get old - they're going to be running the country.
Carl: Yeah.
Richard Vernon: Now this is the thought that wakes me up in the middle of the night. That when I get older, these kids are going to take care of me.
Carl: I wouldn't count on it.

From the Breakfast Club

4 comments:

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Nice map.

If only.

Kill the old?

daveawayfromhome said...

Patience, my son. Even Dick Cheney cannot live forever.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant.
Brilliant map.
Brilliant quote.
Brilliant comment.
Welcome to the United 42 States of America.
Hope *I* live long enough to see these promises happen.

daveawayfromhome said...

(bows)