Thursday, November 15, 2007

BlogTroll no. 5

Yes, folks, once again it's time for my Blogtroll, that feature where I post all the interesting sites that I've discovered randomly in my journeys through the tubes of the internets, frequently via the "next" button up there on the top of the page. Lest anyone think that this is a purely altruistic posting on my part, allow me to assure you that it's mostly done because I'm a lazy sod who likes his links and this makes it easier for me to keep an eye on promising blogs.

No More Parents: this blog goes with the
Elephantitis of the Mind cartoon blog.
Bearskin Rug: cartoons, etc, kind of like a magazine.
Mr. Toledano: terrific photos.
Joe Irvin's Blog: political blog by former newspaper editor
SlovinskySculpture: an art blog
The Cartoon Blog: a reasonable christian blog.
Consider This: musings on modern life
Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence: indescribeable, but eloquent
Gus Van Horn: not a "conservative", not a "liberal", worth a read.
Pinky Tailors Bag everywhere: a fake ad blog. I think.
Stupid Enough Unexplanation: a liberal blog
Clusterfuck Nation, a blog by former journalist Jim Kunstler. Also located here.
Millard Fillmore's Bathtub: a liberal blog.
Corrente: a liberal blog by the Senior Fellows of The Mighty Corrente Building
Have Coffee, Will Write: another liberal blog (can't have too many).
xkcd - a webcomic
Culinary Annotations: a recipe blog.
Nate's Fargo Fixer-Upper: a house repair blog.
Bits and Pieces: random stuff. (new site here)
Book Dragon: a book-lover at Word Press, or the old one here.
The 4th Avenue Blues: an ex-addict's blog
The Divided States Of bu$hmeriKa 2: an anti-bush blog
Beam Me Up: Science & Science Fiction news.
Pass Me a Diet Coke: the blog of a female law student
Workshop: Paul Kane, artist
Pascal Campion: artist, cool illustrations.

individual posts of note:
An amusing "story" w/ LOTR.
Some cool Red/Blue maps.
A fascinating set of graphs about about the national debt.

Then there are these blogs which may be defunct, which you might look at once anyway:
No: an odd one, I think it changes.
I Think In Maps: a theology dude.
Red Dirt Design: a design blog (duh).
Ă“timas Oportinidades de Negocios: a brazillian architecture blog, I think.
Usafari: a traveller's blog.
Berto's Blog: a science site, more or less.
You have to see this to believe it. Republican "humor".

previous blogtrolls: no. 4, no. 3, no. 2, or maybe it's no. 1, I cant actually find 2 more in the archives. Troll \Troll\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Trolled; p. pr. & vb. n. Trolling.] [OE. trollen to roll, F. tr[^o]ler, Of. troller to drag about, to ramble; probably of Teutonic origin; cf. G. trollen to roll, ramble, sich trollen to be gone; or perhaps for trotler, fr. F. trotter to trot (cf. Trot.). Cf. Trawl.]

1.
To move circularly or volubly; to roll; to turn.
To dress and troll the tongue, and roll the eye.
- Milton.
2. To send about; to circulate, as a vessel in drinking.
Then doth she troll to the bowl. - Gammer Gurton's Needle.
Troll the brown bowl. - Sir W. Scott.
4. To angle for with a trolling line, or with a book drawn along the surface of the water; hence, to allure.
5. To fish in; to seek to catch fish from.
With patient angle trolls the finny deep.
--Goldsmith.

8 comments:

rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

gee where did the guys under the bridge fit in?

daveawayfromhome said...

I'm still waiting. I've even had a humorous response post idea waiting for my first good "flame". So far, I'm apparently too small a fish to pursue.

Or too reasonable.

(snort)

Anonymous said...

I could flame you just for kicks if you want. Just sayin'.

rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

go ahead get vicious pooby, we have all gotten too tame.

daveawayfromhome said...

No, no, dont. It's a really good idea (I think), and if I'm gonna use it, I prefer to use it against some one who actually does suck.

Nam Prik said...

hi dave....thx for me in your list.

daveawayfromhome said...

glad to do it

Bryant said...

Thank you for the link.