Wednesday, July 23, 2008

dallas morning views

Every once in a while, I like to take a letter to the editor in the Dallas Morning News and respond to it. Usually I do this because I want to address the writer personally, and the Morning News doesnt accept those kind of letters. They also reject letters which contain bad language, which some of these people drive me to. Like this one:
Barack Obama calls the Iraq War a "war of choice." We chose not to wait for the terrorists to attack. We chose not to surrender to the Islamofascists. We chose to go on the offensive. I'm glad we chose this war. I don't want to be forced to wear a burka.

Paula Singleton, Lavon
See what I mean? Could she be any more scared and stupid? And how about that set of buzzwords? The only one she missed was a need to bomb Iran.
Where did she get the idea that she would be "forced to wear a burka"? By whom? So far, the only thing that anyone has been forced to wear here has been flag pin on their lapel.

And that's it, that's all I have to say to her. I could go on about what I think America should be rather than her fucked-up view, but part of what it aought be includes her right to have fucked-up views. Just as it's my right to wonder why these fear-mongering war-heads keep getting press exposure? When did the Klan go mainstream? Because while nobady ever talks about them, the views of Ms. Singleton would fit right in at the local chapter meeting.

And I'm tired of it.

2 comments:

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Good grief, that kind of yahoo bigotry would drive me to swear a hell of a lot...

Anonymous said...

I think they made a typo with her name -are you sure it's not Paula SIMPLETON?