Friday, January 01, 2010

late night snack

I'm taking a little break right now from watching the first season of Northern Exposure, having a second helping of our family's traditional New Year's dish, pozole. Actually it's my wife's traditional dish, I dont recall having one in my house growing up. I did add the sliced cabbage though, which, for me at least, really makes the difference between weak chili and a tasty bowl of goodness.

When I'm done with the bowl, I'll go back to the show with our traditional desert, a lovely slice of lemon pound cake. Yum.

2 comments:

Chance said...

That show's on my very very long Netflix list, but first I have to finish watching Lost and NYPD Blue and and and.

daveawayfromhome said...

I got the first two seasons for Christmas. Oddly, both seasons combined are shorter than season three. I'd forgotten how enjoyable the show was.