Saturday, August 13, 2011

HOT!!! HOT!!! HOT!!!


Today, when the temperature goes over 100 degrees (and it will go over 100 degrees*) it would have marked the 43rd day in a row, breaking the record for consecutive days over 100 degrees, set in 1980.
Except it wont, because on Thursday a storm blew in from Oklahoma and cooled things down to 89 degrees*. Except that we didnt get any actual rain or anything from that storm. No, all we got is enough clouds to break the streak 3 days before we beat it. Which would be fine if we were done with 100 degree days, but we're not, not by a long shot. Today, and the next ten days, and probably another week or more after that, it will continue to be over 100.
So, things are pretty much the same today as they were last Saturday. The same. Except for Thursday and the streak. Exactly the same. So far, there have been 49 days above 100 degrees. We only need 21 more this year to beat the record for total days over 100 degrees, set in 1980. Twenty-one! Aargh!

As of now, there is no end in sight, either.

Have I mentioned how much I hate summer?

I really, really hate it.

Really.

Hate.

Summer.



* sigh... the dangers of preposting - I wrote this last saturday when there seemed no hope of anything remotely cool except for a miracle. Which of course happened, if you want to call 97 degrees a miracle. Today, just to vex me, started out with rain and hasnt gotten above 90 all day. Tomorrow, though, shows a return to form, which will continue for the rest next 10 days. I know, I should be grateful for a day off from the century mark. But I'm not. And I dont feel bad about that.


* Thursday's high was 97.

No comments: