Thursday, September 01, 2011

aint touchin it

Those of you who use Blogger, have you seen the new link on your control pages? It says "Try the updated Blogger Interface". Now, while I would love to "try" it, it's my experience with Blogger that once you click a button like that, there is no going back, and while I could certainly think of improvements to the current controls, there's little guarantee (or chance, even) that Blogger has made those changes. I am familiar with the controls as they are, and while I'm sure that at some point Blogger will force me to accept the new ones, I see no reason to help them do that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't blame you Dave..I left Blogger in July because i got fed up w/the fuckery and just because something is free doesn't mean it works. WordPress rules, although the free version does have it's shortcomings..so I pay a whopping 5 bucks a month to host my own domain name on GoDaddy using the WP platform..fucking awesome and glad I made the move. ;-)

daveawayfromhome said...

For what I do, Blogger works just fine. But I wish they'd just leave things alone if you like it the way it is. It's just software, after all.