Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The Question

Yes, I know, a couple of workers cut the wrong line. And I'm sure that's all it was.
But...
If it wasnt, would you expect the BushCorp, or most government officials to tell you so? I wouldnt, not for several days, or at all if they could help it.

On the other hand, there was this from FOX, which makes me feel a whole lot better about it being an accident: "Meanwhile, a new terror tape has been released with new threats for the US and Australia. A warning from a masked man that Los Angeles, Los Angeles, where the power is out right now, and Melbourne, Australia, are next on the hit list." (from NewsHounds)

Anyway, here I am going on and on again, when I said I was going to cut back. My point is this:

Do feel safer now than you did four years ago?

Four years ago, I wouldnt have questioned the veracity of the stated cause of the L.A. power outage yesterday. Today I will. The Administration of this country operates in a manner which causes me to believe almost nothing that it says, to often believe that the exact opposite is true. Is this good government? Considering the Neo-Conservative belief in minimal government and maximal personal gain, is that the idea?

No comments: