Friday, July 27, 2007

string, meet finger

Okay, kids, a word of advice from dear old Uncle Dave: when you're out surfing, and you find something interesting, bookmark it. You can always delete the bookmark later on.

I say this because twice this week I've lost some cool things. One was a quote from Nietsche, which nicely summed up the dangers of political battle (i.e., becoming the very thing against which you battle).

The other was someone's interesting theory that Alberto Gonzales is in fact not lying to Congress, but that rather Congress is operating under the mistaken impression that there is only the one secret domestic wiretapping program. This person thought that perhaps there was a second, unknown program, so that whenever Gonzales gave his (carefully worded and always repeated word-for-word) answers that he was in fact not "lying", but simply answering a question which the Senators did not know they were asking. This doesnt make much sense, I know, but wherever I read this it made a lot of sense (because they were much better at this than I). I'll be darned if I can find it again, which is irksome.

2 comments:

daveawayfromhome said...

Aha! It was in the Osterly Times! Then later, he changes his mind, but still...

Bill said...

Hit Ctrl+H on your browser and it should open a history window that may help you find your lost links.