Wednesday, July 08, 2009

me me me meme!

For some reason, being alone in the world has transformed me into Will Smith
A meme from Samurai Frog:

The question is:
"You wake up tomorrow and every person on the planet has vanished. What do you do?"

The replies are:
Day One
Week One
Month One
Year One


Go!

day one: I'm like a kid in a candy store. Mostly because I dont believe it. I mean, this is a dream, right?

week one: By now it's gone on way too long to be a dream, so I'm alternating between panic and fascination. I probably spend half my time making gradiose travel plans, and the other half dead drunk trying not to think about what's happening.

month one: Assuming I'm not too drunk to travel and have got my shit together, I've seen a fair number of really cool things, but it's not much fun doing it alone (a probable motivation for my travels is the hope of finding someone else). By now, despair is probably starting to really set in. Hopefully I've made it a mission to release zoo animals - that might have kept me sober.

year one: I've always thought suicide was stupid, what with so much to see and do in the world. After one year alone, I may have changed my mind.
I've been all over the U.S. and Canada, and have learned to carry very little but perhaps a hand operated gas pump. Everything else can be found on-site. I'm probably really sick of dry goods and canned meat.
I've read a lot of books and seen a lot of DVDs.
There are likely few places with electricity left, but hopefully I've taken that into account in advance and stocked freezers near hydro-electric plants with meat.
Finding dead pets in houses has probably stopped bothering me by now, as has killing the feral ones who attack me.
I've probably been to a military base, and used various weapons to blow things up.
Most likely, though, I have gone completely insane, always assuming I havent died while trying to cross the ocean or learning to fly a plane.
Or, for that matter, died of something stupid, like a fall or an infection.

BONUS!
year ten:
I dont know if anyone could survive ten years of absolute solitude. By this point, I've got a dog or five for sure. Maybe I have a chimp or two around, also.
Most likely, what's kept me going for so long is some sort of Plan For The Ages. Something along the lines of collecting great artworks and books of learning and placing them in some sort of long-lasting storage.
For whom? Anybody who can find it.
Does it make sense? Of course not, I've gone totally mad by this point. But it keeps me going, doesnt it?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That was fucking cool Dave!

How long did you think on your answers? You have me doing it now. ;)

Lydia said...

That really creeped me out.
Too many zombie movies...

daveawayfromhome said...

Dusty: not too long, the jist of it came in a comment to Samurai Frog. The details were worked out the next day.

Lydia: No zombies, not in my vision. There was an Australian or New Zealandish (-er, whatever) film a couple of decades ago about a guy who wakes up alone. Dont remember much about it, except that it was really powerful. And the guy was pretty much nuts throughout it.