Thursday, December 02, 2010

quote for the day

"When a liberal activist judge over-reaches, a disenfranchised group of Americans have their constitutional rights restored. When a conservative activist judge over-reaches, the country’s elections get handed to corporations on a silver platter."

Helen Philpot, at Margaret and Helen

In the past, I've not been convinced that this was an actual 80-something year-old woman writing this. But it just occurred to me that a very liberal history professor that I had in college when I went to UT was named Philpot, and he was about the right age for this woman to be his mother. If she raised him, then I could easily see her saying such things, so now I think maybe she is real.

Really, though, it doesnt matter if she is or isnt, since the words are what matters here, regardless of who says them and how old. Go read the rest of the post.

4 comments:

Omnipotent Poobah said...

Wisdom of the aged perhaps?

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you again. I know it's been a while, but I think I'm back among the writing now.

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

It's been a while but glad to see you're still at it. Your country is fucked Dave, really it is, a horrible wiff is in the air...

daveawayfromhome said...

Yeah, it really is, isnt it? We wont change our ways until it's way, way too late for us. We are so unbelievably stupid.