Saturday, December 09, 2006

Toon in

okay, it's not actually a screen shot - more like a publicity stillWhoa, Warner Brothers on-line! It doesnt get much better than this, you forget how good those things were. The picture is from "Bully for Bugs", or you might like one of my favorites, "Duck Amuck" even better. Or perhaps the classics "What's Opera, Doc?" or "The Rabbit of Seville" (my all-time personal favorite). Oh hell, go here and make your own choice! (watch out for the too-loud commercials, though.)

Thanks to Pops for the link!

Addendum: Aaaaand years later, the links are no longer any good. Sorry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, that was awesome. I dare say it even makes up for your lack of writing of late. I have to second your opinion of Rabbit of Seville and What's Opera, Doc as the best of the best, and wonder how kids now a days gain an appreciation of classical music without Bugs and the gang to expose them to it. I did notice one of my favorites not there, though. It's the one where Bugs is giving a piano recital, there's a mouse is in his piano, and he eventually exhausts himself trying to get rid of the mouse. Great story, great piece of music, and all-around great cartoon.

Me said...

Swear to God... just 2 nights ago I was hanging out with some older people who are way more famous or important than I am... and one of them retold a story about knowing Chuck Jones. He gave them a print (a cell, whatever) and they were so foolish that when they had it framed, they trimmed his autograph because it didn't fit in the frame! Silly rich people...

LOVE Foghorn Leghorn.... oooh and Bugs meets the Abominable Snowman (did I spell that right?) "Hug him and kiss him and call him George". Oh so "Steinbeck"... but so bust a gut hilarious...