Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Years


Here is a new years resolution for a fame and money obsessed America:
"I will seek elegance rather than luxury, refinement rather than fashion. I will seek to be worthy more than respectable, wealthy and not rich. I will study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly. I will listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with an open heart. I will bear all things cheerfully, do all things bravely, await occasions and hurry never. In a word I will let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious grow up through the common."
-- William Ellery Channing

Let's hope this year goes better than the last few...

6 comments:

Omnipotent Poobah said...

You're kidding, right?

daveawayfromhome said...

I'm hoping. Last year's Dem victory notwithstanding (and not actually proven a victory, a), the last few years have sucked. Last year sucked especially on a personal basis. This coming year needs to be better.

daveawayfromhome said...

By the way, when I say "proven a victory", I mean that the Democrats should show that there is more difference between them and the Republicans than that they buy us dinner before fucking us up the ass.

Anonymous said...

hear hear.

Unknown said...

Love the quote and a happy new year to you as well. By the way, I’ll happily toast to your second comment here regarding the "proven victory," here it goes . . . .

Me said...

Um... happy new year...