Saturday, January 27, 2007

of green-eyed monsters

So, I'm quietly watching TV, when from the bedroom comes a scream: "David, come here!" (plus some random shrieking). I get there, expecting to find large cockroach, or a really hairy spider. What I found instead is my wife waving the NEA's magazine in her hand. "Look at this!", she says, pointing to a short article. The "article" turns out to be one of several quotes from the blogs of various educators, including her.
Now, granted, while she's been doing this blogging thing for longer than I have, you could count the number of posts for her current blog on two (maybe three) hands. Her previous blog (deleted because despite the hype we do not have freedom of speech in this country, even anonymously)(just ask the Phantom Professor), had more posts, but not that many more. Now, I dont write this blog for fame or money or glory, and I'd continue to write even if no one read it (and looking at my sitemeter account lately, that's very nearly the case), that doesnt mean I wouldnt welcome a little recognition from a nationally published glossy periodical. So, yes, I'm jealous, I admit it.

Feel free to quote me on that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if your sitemeter records everybody who checks then I could be alot of what you have. Hmmmmm I aint sure if that is good or bad for you?!?!?!?!!
Anyway
I will now go back and check the sites you recommended but I do wonder who you and your readers would vote for if you had to vote today?
The best I can tell the choices will be
hillary
obamma
gingritch
rudy
anyway I just wondered
and I do check often even though i think we are often on different sides of the issues
js

Anonymous said...

http://www.nea.org/neatoday/0702/feature2.html