Friday, June 01, 2007

2nd notice

Okay, so I talked to The Brother yesterday, and I asked him what he thought of my new Art Blog, and he said that he couldnt find it. Now, while I'm not fishing for compliments or anything, I kind of expected someone to say something in the last week since I announced the blog's existence, and his inability find it might explain why no one has. So I'll try it again.
Due to the political nature of this blog, and my potential use of the Art Blog for job/portfolio use, I dont want to make any obvious links between this blog and that one. America, after all, has given up the right of free speech, so I dont want what I say here to bite me on the ass in unconnected (wage-earning) endeavors. Some day, if I decide to become political in my art, I might make that link, but today is not that day.
So, to see the new blog, go to the sidebar, under "frequent reads", and look for the blog that contains my name, minus "awayfromhome", a reference to a type of eating establishment containing a variety of stuff, a letter of the alphabet that is a french article, and the word "art". It's right there on top, you cant miss it.

That ought to get you there. If not, well...

I dont know what to say.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So where's the photo of us with the noses and hats? That's art, isn't it?

Omnipotent Poobah said...

I stopped by, very nice work my man. I'm suitably impressed. Can I link to it, or do you need to keep the place free of trolls and wandering deviants?

Take your time deciding, Blogger has locked me out of my blog because one of their supremely intelligent bots thinks I'm a spam blog.

Go figure.

daveawayfromhome said...

You can link, as long as you dont refer to it with "daveawayfromhome". I'm not worried about trolls (which I never even get here) or even art "thieves" so much as I am that I may use the the art blog as a portfolio only to have someone follow it that to this blog, and then say "I dont like your politics, so no job for you".

Anonymous said...

you really have something with the photo's Dave. And this is from someone who has a problem 'seeing' photo's, imho the strongest work over there.

daveawayfromhome said...

Photos the strongest? Yes, that's what I'd say also. The drawing is fun, but I'd never say that I was much good at it.