Tuesday, August 14, 2007

accolaides* and tags

I've been somewhat out of circulation for a while, so first let me apologize to Len and Dusty for seeming to have ignored you. I didnt, I just havent had the chance (or, to be honest, the will, lately) to respond. So, Len first.

tag!Len listed me as one of his choices for a "Thinking Blogger" award, which I could make a joke about, but I am too tired to think of a good one right now. Anyway, it's awfully kind of him to say so, and makes me feel a bit better about my generally fuzzy head. Apparently there are rules that go along with acceptance, though, including promotion of the clever fellow who conceived this ponzi meme, so here they are:
  1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
  2. Link to this post so that people can find the exact origin of the meme.
  3. Optional: Proudly display the Thinking Blogger Award on your site with a link to the post that you wrote.
A couple of days later, Dusty chose me for the The Partisan Reflections on "Pissant Provocateurs Award". Apparently it originated from the Divided We Stand, United We Fall blog site. The award is inspired by this definition: Pissant - Little person blog with big attitude. Big attitude? Me? Well, okay, maybe a little.

By the rules of both of these I must myself nominate 5 people for each of the awards, thus passing on the meme and spreading the name of the meme originators about the blogosphere. (okay, maybe more than a little attitude). So, here are my choices (by the way, I've seen Thinking Blogger out there before, so if you feel hurt that I didnt nominate you, it may be because I thought I saw it on your blog already):

Thinking Blogger Award:
  1. Sherry, over at Spring Cleaning, because she's smart, she's funny, and she's always interesting.
  2. Chance, over at the Sapient Sutler, who scores points for the name alone (though that's not the only points he scores).
  3. David Brin, over at Contrary Brin, who is, yes, a big time author who will probably never know that this blog exists, but who still has a lot of cogitation at his blog, even in his comments.
  4. Bora/Coturnix, over at Blog Around the Clock, who's my science pusher.
  5. Shawn over at Monkey Eggs, who's generally got a lot going on that I dont understand (which isnt his fault).
Pissant Provocateurs Award:
  1. Len, at the Existentialist Cowboy, gets a tag right back at him, because though "pissant" might not apply, he's definitely a provocateur.
  2. UWL, over at United We Lay, gets it not only for her posts, but for the quality of her comments.
  3. SBH (again with the initials), gets my nod at Rational Rant.
  4. Kel, at the Osterly Times, goes on my sidebar whenever I get around to it.
  5. The Omnipotent Poobah, if you can call an omnipotent being a pissant, that is.
If I didnt pick you, sorry. Like I said, my heads a bit fuzzy lately, and this post has taken way too much time already. Still, that's my 21st century chain letter done. I know, I know, I said no tagging, but what the hell. Be sure and pass this award on, or something terrible might happen!!!

*similar to lemonaide, but sweeter

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I know meme's are a bitch and I appreciate you joining in. The Pissant award seemed right up our alley if you get my drift :)

Unknown said...

Thanks, Dave ...for being called a "provocateaur"! As for "pissants" --I recall teaching chess to a neophyte and tried to explain how a pawn may, in one instance and in one instance only, move diagonally to capture "en passant". My "student" asked quizzically: what do pissants have to do with chess? Sigh!

Anonymous said...

thanks man, and no you didn't spell it wrong. Will look at one of my bills and get back to you on the kilowatt hour question.

United We Lay said...

Thanks! I didn't realize that my comments were so good, I just figure that if someone takes the time to write something and ask for an opinion, I owe them a thoughtful response.

Chance said...

Wow, thanks for the props (even though you typed my name wrong). I deeply respect you as a writer and leftist thinker, so I sincerely am honored by your shout-out, as the kids say.

daveawayfromhome said...

And so I did, mea culpa, je m'excuse, and all that. Basically, I'm an idiot.

Kel said...

Thank you for recognizing me as a pissant provocateur!

I think provoking anything, - thought... discussion... argument... - in the present climate, is the greatest compliment one could be paid.