Wednesday, December 19, 2007

humpday happiness


Okay, now, I dont want anyone to think that my happiness revolves around food, even if it is frequently true. But I do want to give you a "recipe" today, since I recently finished off this dish, and I love it, love it, love it. It's nice, simple Guy Food:


- Get 1 box of Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni, plus a pound of hamburger, some milk and whatever else you need to follow the instructions with.
- Now follow those instructions (oh, and add some chopped onion when you brown the meat, and be sure and season it, too; salt, pepper, garlic powder, whatever).
- When the Helper is done, open up a can of Ranch Style Beans and dump them in (you might drain them first, or you might not).
- microwave a cup or so of frozen corn, then dump that in. You can use the canned stuff, but I really dont recommend it. Frozen is better.
- Stir it up (I know it seems obvious, but still).
- Dont just sit there, eat it! Have it with a nice salad, too (use Green Goddess dressing, just for fun).

3 comments:

NEWSGUY said...

Wow, that sounds great! Problem is, my wife is such a Gourmet Cook she would never allow such plebian fare in our kitchen.

But I'll keep the recipe for that rare occasion when she's out somewhere and I have to do supper. (Supper is such a much better word than dinner.) Gotta think of a place to hide the Hamburger Helper. Is that two ingredients, Hamburger Helper and Cheesburger Macaroni or just one?

rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

check the box to see where it is made first.

daveawayfromhome said...

This is Hamburger Helper (one "ingedient"), though why it's available at Amazon.com I have no idea. My wife doesnt like the stuff either (though while she's a good cook, she just hates it on general principles), so generally it's eaten by the kids and me. I love it because (with the extras) it's a whole meal in a single tupperware bowl, which is great if you happen to be a take-your-lunch-to-work kind of guy, which I try to be (or, rather, cant afford not to be).