Wednesday, January 30, 2008

reprise

I got nothing to say today. I'm sleepy, they're doing fund-raising (again) on NPR, and quite frankly the usual bitching and moaning on this blog just hasnt been doing it for me lately.

So, instead, I'll reprint some bitching and moaning that I did on someone else's blog. Afterwards, head over to Pooby's blog. He writes better than I do anyway.

I suspect that this country has been doomed since the service portion of the economy became more important than the industrial part, sometime in the 80’s.
Capitalism is great for making money, but it’s not good for everything, which is what the Republicans have managed to drive the country into embracing. Sometimes I think that the collapse of the Soviet Union was one of the worst things to happen to the U.S. because it convinced people that Capitalism Was The Best. Now we’re stuck with a sort of Amway Government run by a bunch of people who exhibit all the social consciousness of spoiled teenagers.
Am I the only one who’s noticed that the Republican answer to
any economic situation is “tax-cut”, and to see that this can only lead to a starved government and under-served nation?
As for the Rebate (aka: “bribe”), yeah, it’s a crock of shit, but it’ll get done because who’s going to say no to some cash? Not me, even as I think that it’s a bad idea.
Truth is, this nation, collectively, has made some real dumb-ass financial decisions, and ultimately we’re going to
have to pay for them. All this frantic running about by pundits and politicians is nothing more than slights-of-hand trying to hide the blame and move it someplace less painful to those in charge (and just as painful, if not more so, to us regular folk).
In the end, the painful lesson will come home: you borrow money, you gotta pay it back, unless you’ve got some
very understanding lenders - and I dont think anyone here is going to garner much sympathy, any more than the teenager who whines that he couldnt pay on his credit card because he just had to buy a new X-box instead. Tough shit, buck up, pawn the x-box, and next time think before you wave that piece of plastic around, because, in the end, it’s only a valuable as you are, and we’re looking more and more like worthless, deadbeat shitheads.
Time to grow the fuck up.


Blah blah blah, right?

No comments: