Monday, November 07, 2005

one last thing...

Okay, this is probably it for me, before I start another week of overwork (unless I'm lucky)(which I'm not).
This from a trial in Pennsylvania, which I somehow completely missed, involving the teaching of "Intelligent Design" in public schools. The lawyers for the anti-Darwin side said intelligent design is a "legitimate educational objective", and described it as "the next great paradigm shift in science".
Duh. Not a good shift, though.
The shift of the leaders of technology from the West to the East is a paradigm shift in science, but I wouldnt crow abot it. Where is most of the major reseach on genetics being done these days? Not here in the U.S. We could so kick Korea's ass research-wise, but for one tiny little problem: We're mired in religious ludditism, and so freaking undereducated that it's a wonder we can balance a checkbook... (how many declarations of bankruptcy in the U.S.? Our budget deficit is what?) ...OK, make that we can barely find the Middle East on a world map, let alone find Afghanistan.

3 comments:

rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

you and abby are running ahead of me you little twerp. nice piece. i still say the funny part is they are where einstein was before they got light caught being bent by the sun....gotta wait boys, and do it right. the other side's argument should be "what proof do you have, looking at mankind that we were intelligently designed."

rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

i got benny's autographed copy of the exorcist for you. you want it fedex'd you need to go contribute to my pay-pal account. love only gets you so far.

daveawayfromhome said...

Much as I'd love to contribute to your Pay, pal, first I'd have to have something to contribute with other than my razor-sharp wit.
Besides, I'm holding out for my moving-eyes Jesus.