Thursday, July 06, 2006

Lay to Rest

Here is the level of distrust I have for the current administration: Upon hearing that Ken Lay had died, my first thought was that the BushCo had faked his death, and that soon he and his money would be occupying some quietly expensive hideaway somewhere in the world far away from nasty old American prisons.
Ridiculous! Except, as absurd as it sounds, I wouldnt put it past Lord Bush and his Cabal to do such a thing. After all, despite politically expedient denials, Ken Lay was a FOG (an appropriate term, considering, eh, especially considering his involvement in the Secret Energy Taskforce), and the Bush Administration does reward bad behavior.

Still, I'm crazy on this one, definitely. I am. Really.

Still, if I hear that Jack Abramoff died suddenly, and that he didnt rat any Republicans out before he did, I may have to take off my tin-foil hat, and declare it to be a reasonable idea after all.



Addendum:
Okay, here's the kind of thing that just feeds fuel to my fire. As Dusty points out briefly in the comments (and the Dallas Whoring News points out more thoroughly), because Lay died before he could appeal his conviction, then legal precedent says he's not really guilty, because he's not able to refute the case, since he's dead and all. And since he dropped dead before his sentencing, he's not yet "officially" convicted, so any claim that the government may have made upon his assets to repay a part of the billions he cheated creditors out of will now be disallowed. Isnt that convienient?

2 comments:

United We Lay said...

My husband said the same thing. The first words out of his mouth were, "Someone shot him up with soemthign that made it look like a heart attack." I think it's a shame that this administration is so corrupt that we immediately assume foul play or some sort of conspiracy.

Unknown said...

Kenny Boy gets the last laugh dave..

He can not appeal his verdict and therefore his case will be "extinguished"..like it never happened..the family gets to keep his illegal booty..until the civil cases start hitting them..but that will take years and they can hide the money by then.