Tuesday, April 01, 2008

realignment

You know I've been dissatisfied with the blog of late. There's been a kind of emptiness about it lately, hard to define, yet subtly draining me of energy. I thought perhaps it was just lack of sleep, or imagination, but after some thought, I've decided that it's simply that we are all fucked. Fucked good and royally.
The nation is suffering under worst president ever, with only a 1-out-of-5 approval rating, and yet Congress cannot even get their shit together enough to deny him more of the stupid shit which got him (and us) in trouble in the first place. And all my yap-yap-yap comes to naught. Hell, all the yap-yap-yap of everyone comes to naught, even as our president gets booed by an entire ballpark!
So screw it. I'm done.
From now on, this blog will be devoted entirely to breasts. I'll get a lot more hits (after all, 50% of the population loves breasts), which might lead to advertisements (lucrative sex-industry ones - booyah!). I wont be nearly as frustrated, because while politics pisses me off, I love breasts as much as any other red-blooded American man. At least as much.

So that's that. From now on, the only boobs you're gonna see here will be of the non-political kind. So I think it appropriate that I begin with a Demotivator.

I sure hope that button's attached on there real good... well... maybe I dont

ADDENDUM (April 2, 2008):
This was, of course, an April Fools Day post. Much as I appreciate breasts, there's something a little weird about devoting a whole blog to them. Or, at least, it's not a pasttime that suits me very well.
On the other hand, pretty much everything else in this post was actually true.

And I'll leave the demotivator up; I learned my lesson last year about deleting posts.

Plus, it's just funny.

7 comments:

rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

nice pair to start with. you are well on your way to blogging riches now.

Anonymous said...

Is this an April Fool's joke?

daveawayfromhome said...

Did you look at those new sidebar links? Do those not prove my intent? I think so.

Anonymous said...

sounds like we're going through a similar sort of ennui, just taking a different tack. We are all fucked and have been for a long time, well before the a-hole admin, I'm starting to thank the Cowboy for being such a glaring fuckhead (and Hillary too) to really start making it so damned obvious...let the national 12 step program begin. Please. We are all such fucking morons...the self included.

Chance said...

I've been wondering why I don't want to write about my job or anything else, also.

I think you've hit the nail right on the goddamn head, dave. We --- the thinking left --- are in a state of depression and torpor. We know the country we love is fucked, and we know we can't do anything about it, and we know whose who can do something about it aren't. We would have a little bit of hope, except we know that elections are rigged by the opposition, so our hope is merely the taunting, ephemeral kind.

it makes you not want to write about your mundane little life.

Unknown said...

LMAO..I was really buying your bs Dave..and I know enough bloggers that are saying fuck it and throwing in the towel anyway.

Glad to see it was just an April Freaks Day post..whew!

Do you read Driftglass? He did an "I am leaving the blogosphere" post. Another goodie.

100 Farmers said...

I just want you to know that I had just clicked on your blog when your youngest daughter walked up. Thanks Dave.