Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Dave's Blogroll, ver. 3.0

Okay, I think this thing is ready...

Welcome to Dave's Blogroll, ver.3.0. It's been over two years since the last blogroll, so I'm way past due. This time, I'm cloaking my blogroll in the cloth of the Blogroll Amnesty idea presented by Skippy the Bush Kangaroo and John Swift. The idea was to create links to the little guys, a kind of grassroots blogging interconnectivity movement.
And damn straight I'm all in favor of that. One of the beauties of blogging is that everyone can do it, but if the only blogs you read are the Big Boys, it makes all that creative (and communicative) effort pointless. Plus, if there's a problem with anything and everything in America, I suspect a lot of it can be linked strongly with the consolidation of media outlets by an ever-shrinking number of holders. The MSM is Authoritarian, while blogs are Democratic!
There's a lot of links here, and it's all pretty good stuff, too, though I dont think any of them are what one would call Big Boys (or Girls). Dont read anything into the order things are listed in, at least within their catagories. I'm too old (and too lazy) to be playing the Favorites Game, okay. And, please, if you're not listed on the sidebar, dont take that personal either. Well, maybe a little personal, since those are the ones that I read regularly, but who the hell am I, anyway?

yeah, I'm late, so sue me
These are my mutual blogs, that is, we link to each other.
100 Farmers
Library Bitch
Reverend Billy Bob Gisher @ Mental Masturbation
The Osterly Times
The Existentialist Cowboy
The Omnipotent Poobah
United We Lay
der Hundepo
Saurly Yours
Lydia Valentine
Spoonfighter
spiiderweb™
Monkey Eggs
Rational Rant
The Sapient Sutler
J. R. Kinnard
It's My Right To Be Left Of Center

These are the blogs that I read a lot:
Contrary Brin
Rude Pundit
Blog Around The Clock
What's Alan Watching?
Ran Prieur
Raed In The Middle
A Softer World
xkcd
The Liberal Doomsayer
Newsmericks
Spread The Good Word

These are blogs that I dont read a lot, but really should:
123 I Love You
Princess Sparkle Pony's Photo Blog
Haphazard Musings
(Not Only) Hotel Room Nudes
Bearskin Rug
Beam Me Up
Corrente
Have Coffee, Will Write
Consider This
Millard Fillmore's Bathtub
Welcome To The Now
The Neural Gourmet
Iraq Today
Watergate Summer
Gus Van Horn
Little Man, What Now?
Tales of the Cupcake Mafia
Flan: not quite jelly, not quite cake
Zen Filter
Fish or Cut Bait
The Daly Blog
The Daily Nooz
SPOtastic
Ghetto Uprising

"Bigger" blogs that I read from time to time: (definition: anyone who regularly gets a lot of comments)
Clusterfuck Nation
Bitch, phd.
Pandagon
Boing Boing
Blog For America
Suburban Turmoil
Demonbaby
Crooks and Liars
Robert Reich

Yeah, I consider myself a Liberal, but some of that's due to gentrification:
The Smallest Minority
The Underground Logician
The Reform Club

Other cool Internet stuff:
Internet Public Library
TPM cafe
Worldchanging
Uncyclopedia: not Wikipedia
Biblical Legos
The Six Lessons of School
The Costs of War
Futuro House


previous blogrolls: blogroll no. 2, blogroll no. 1
blogtrolls: no. 5, no. 4, no. 3, no. 2, or maybe it's no. 1, as I cant actually find 2 more in the archives.

2 comments:

Saur♥Kraut said...

It's always nice to feel included. ;o) I'll have to check some of these out!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Who you callin' not a big guy? :-)