Monday, September 08, 2008

sited

Had a bit of excitement here this weekend on the ol' blogstead. Somehow, a guy named "Omen" over at the Daily Kos got ahold of my "mock, paper, scissors" post, and liked it enough to quote it. From there it went to my old friend Coturnix's blog (at some point someone mentioned the Kos post in a comment on his site). Result: a huge swell in my site-meter numbers*.
Funny thing is, had I not checked them this weekend, I might never have even known. Even funnier? Not two weeks ago that same post was rejected by the Carnival of Liberals (update: twice, now), and I'd planned to rewrite it. Oh well.



* There's no real reason for me to look at Sitemeter, except to add momentum to my spiral of shame and depression.

4 comments:

Pryme said...

Imagine that...you know, those sites usually give users a blogroll. You could use it to find out more about this "Omen" character.

Congrats on the traffic increase!

daveawayfromhome said...

Thanx, but it lasted no longer than the post itself (at Kos, that is) was up front. Post gone, traffic from Kos gone, unless someone over there really, really likes me...

(beat... beat... beat)

Duh, need to do my research, dont I. That was you. Well, you did ask if I minded if you referenced it, didnt you, I just didnt know where. Thanks man, that was pretty exciting.
One thing I noticed - while there were comments, there didnt seem to be any way to leave one - is it a members only thing?

Anonymous said...

Good going. You deserve all the attention you can get.

Pryme said...

yeah, it's a member's thing. the site has had it's share of problems with trolls and the like (the flipside of being a heavy-traffic blog).