Thursday, November 05, 2009

dude, seriously

Yeah, it's early, but what kind of internet pundit would I be if I didnt put in my two cents here and try and predict what happened before anybody really knows? After all, if I guess right wont that be a fine feather in my cap? If I guess wrong, well who care?

So here's my guess: NO, it wasnt an attack by Muslims With The Middle Name Of Hussien Who Are In League With Obama. More likely, it was some poor, stressed out bastard who was sick and tired of having jokes about muslims aimed at him while doing his best for his country.
Or not.
Seriously, wait for the news to come out and shut up in the meantime. People talk about all the various things that are "destroying" America. Well, I'd put 24 Hour News in the Top 10, myself. So chill out, okay. You got your breaking news, now wait until tomorrow to find out just what the hell really happened, okay?
It's not going to kill you to wait.

2 comments:

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Just a sad affair, why anyone would want to apportion blame..is that the world we live in?

daveawayfromhome said...

I think the goal of all these people talking about the shooting before anyone really knows what's going on is to show how wise they are, how deserving of being listened to. I couldnt escape the behavior, and I'm complaining about it. Maybe it's genetic. Unfortunately, 24-hour news networks have made a business out of it.

As for blame, why not? If you dont know what's to blame, how do you stop it? If you dont know who's to blame, how do you stop them? As long as blame isnt used in order to let everyone else off the hook, I have no problem with it. Blame is an integral part of Justice.