Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Lucky 13

Today is a very special day for me.

It is the day that I got married. 13 years ago today, I stood before a judge, my soon-to-be wife by my side (giggling helplessly), with her young son and two of our friends in attendance. We had been together for nearly four years, and for some reason, I felt that we had to get married as soon as possible (as possible, but including time for a honeymoon, that is), which turned out to be March 15.

I love my wife, and even though we've only been together for 17 years, I feel I've known her my whole life. She is smart, funny, attractive, and ornery as hell. She tells me every other day that she's fat, but dont believe her. And, as I tell her regularly, I married her for her brains, anyway.
Really, I did. Much as I may have admired her lovely 20-something year old body, I was seduced by her mind.

So, thirteen years later, we still embarass our children with our nuzzling, and I cannot resist touching her as I pass by. Plus, she plays the Rhyming Game with me. Generally, she beats me at it, which I find incredibly sexy.

Go ahead, think I'm weird.

I do have one regret about my marriage. It's that aforementioned March 15th. The Ides of March. That's the kind of thing that many people would take as an omen, but I'm not an omen kind of guy. So I ignored the date.
Fool!
Now, whenever we want to plan anything for our anniversary, we have to take Spring Break into account. Not our Spring Break, but other people's Spring Break. We were both in college when we got married, and the timing made sense then. Now, though?
Forget a nice trip to the beach. Or to the mountains. Or the Border. Unless we feel like sharing our special time with drunken college students. Which we dont.

So anyway, today's post is dedicated to my wife, whom I love very much. I hope this public dedication makes up for the fact that I forgot to go and buy you some Godiva, my Dear, though I know that it probably does not.

4 comments:

Saur♥Kraut said...

WOW. You both are so very lucky. I only hope that one day *I* have that. It gives me hope. Congratulations!!!

Me said...

Happy Anniversary! This is the most lovely post I've read (from anyone) in a very long time.

rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

are you like ok dave?