Sunday, September 17, 2006

get over it...
everybody

Whenever I call the U.S. to the carpet on some issue like torture, I do so because a) torture is just simply wrong, and b) to condone torture destroys U.S. credibility on being an "enlightened" culture.
Wait, that's not what I meant to say, see how I get sidetracked by stuff? What I meant to say, is that whenever I call the U.S. onto the carpet about some issue (any issue) I do so because a) I want this country to be the best country it possibly can be, and b) Free speech is an American right that allows me to complain about the U.S. when I feel it's doing something wrong.
Plus, I'm just an opinionated son-of-a-bitch, and I dont care who knows it*.

Well, now it's Islam's turn. Sorry guys, but when someone criticizes you for being "violent", you cant protest about it by setting something of his on fire. See, that's just proving their point for them. You can have your cake on the shelf, looking all pretty. Or you can eat it. But you cant do both (unless you hollow it out and eat the insides, but then the cake will probably collapse under the weight of the frosting) (how's that for a metaphore?).

And now back to our regularly scheduled U.S. stupidity. Oh, and FOX news can burn in hell.

*(which is why my true name and full address are listed in my profile - not!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Islam is that asshole neighbor next door who plays his radio way too loud and when you complain, puts poop in your mailbox.

Then when you call the police, he talks about what a dedicated family man he is and never causes trouble.

...

No, wait. Islam is the guy who beats his wife and keeps her hidden from sight, and when you look at him funny, he puts a cherry bomb in your mailbox.

United We Lay said...

My post today of about this as well,t hough from a slighly different angle. We're having a rough day today - the baby's not sleeping and we think the asshole neighbor next door put sugar in our gas tank.

Unknown said...

Torture is wrong on EVERY level and the Islamic fundi's are too as are our Christian fundi's..

Omnipotent Poobah said...

I agree. It does seem a little counterintuitive to protest violence by commiting violence.

I don't condem all Muslims any more than I would condemn all Christians just because some of them are asshats. But, I sure would feel a little better about the Muslims if a few of them would speak up and condemn their own asshats.

And the Pope? Now that's the Pope calling the kettle black. Where the hell's all his Christian forgiveness?

Oh, and Popester, word...you can't calm someone down by offering an apology that clearly isn't one. Stand up and insult them like a man!

daveawayfromhome said...

I dont personally condemn all muslims, even here in this post, but I do find the lack of muslim condemnation of the violence disturbing. Do they not care, or is the press not reporting that they care. Either way is a bad omen.

Anonymous said...

Dave,
I might have to quit reading your blog
I agree 100%
this is a couple of times we have agreed
some folks always disagree with me just because without thinking. I appreciate that even though you and I disagree on fundimental issues that we do think and make decisions based on common sense sometimes!!!
I can't understand why the damn kooks Islamics don't STFU until the fems in the west make the US and GB pull out of Iraq tyhen they could take over and there is no way we could re-invade! Hell we could call the UL ooops UN and have them do nothing. Damn dude do you think the UN is effective?
jsull28fl@yaho

daveawayfromhome said...

The UN is a committee, and therefore unable to be "effective". On the other hand, it can give legitimacy to actions carried out by organizations that are effective, something Dubya has never grasped.

And dont say you agree with me, it makes me nervous.

Anonymous said...

but i do dave!
I will never lie
ever!
jsull