Wednesday, April 09, 2008

covering, my ass

Okay, let's get something straight. There are NO major candidates in the race for president who are planning to offer universal health care. McCain simply calls for more of the same, and his Democratic rivals call for universal health coverage. Coverage means insurance, and while this coverage may bring health care with it, it will do so while making profit for the insurance companies, sometimes at tax-payer expense. It gives us all health care, but with a unnecessary and parasitic middle-man soaking up money that could be used for further health care, or (crazy idea) spent somewhere else. The biggest problem in American health care today is not the health care system, it is the insurance system that skims a profit before paying for that health care system.

Obama's plan.
Clinton's plan.
McCain's plan.

Notice that not one of these people propose cutting the insurance companies out of the middle, yet all talk about "reducing costs". What simpler way to reduce costs than to remove a middle-man which, essentially, is paid to filter out "unnecessary"* health-care.
Look at each plan, and notice their unifying quality: All of them will benefit the insurance companies. Personally, I find this neither desirable nor the job of the government, which for too long has been about helping business at the expense of the People.


* as determined by accountants

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's enough to make you sick, ain't it?

daveawayfromhome said...

nope, cant afford to be sick. Have to hold it in.

trog69 said...

Good morning, Dave.

"Have to hold it in." Ahahahaha!

The Government's motto: "Business before pleasure, or people" was written in big bold letters when the Supreme Court twisted the 14th Amendment's wording to give 'personhood' status to corporations. That to me is where we really undertook the right-ward drift we suffer from now. All of the "social contract" flags we've been rallying 'round have been the dog, sitting on the ponie's rump.

The health care debate is no different. The Federal gummint, protectors of the corporations, must brainwash enough voters into believing that Medicare/Medicaid are not as efficient or responsive as the "health care experts" in the Insurance industry. The fact that the government's own figures tell a much different story; "We aren't lying when we say we lied about those figures". Then they fire a guy who threatens to voice the real numbers involved in the Prescription end-run. Perfect.

Not being involved in either Democrat's health care reform plans, I can only guess why they do not go all the way, and throw the facts out there to show how we've been suckered for decades. Not enough deprogramming facilities, mebbe?

trog69 said...

Oh, by the way; I hope you appreciate the struggle I have had with not tying the title of this blog to the Dave mentioned in a certain C&C comedy bit. Struggling mightily. The only thing that helps is pouring cat litter into my eyes, but I flushed them out to post this so, um, I gotta go. ;~)

daveawayfromhome said...

C&C? Sorry, lost me there.

Democrats (left in the race) arent fighting against the Insurance companies because either they're not interested in biting the hand that feeds them, or there's just no way they could have gotten as far as they did if they proposed cutting them out of the loop.

I figure we've got another decade of things getting steadily worse before we can even really start the process of throwing off the yoke of the insurance industry, assuming that the nation hasnt degenerated into a fascist dictatorship by that point (I dont think it will, but can see the possibility, which is a sad enough statement on modern America).

trog69 said...

Good aftermoon, Dave.

First off, are you telling me you've never heard the Cheech and Chong skit Dave? Dave's not here, man."? Oh well. I'll just wheel myself to the retirement home, then, 'cause I'm too old for teh intertubes.

I guess I kinda overshot the target this morning. You are right, of course that no matter what the candidates say, they will be beholden to the big money interests. If we are to have any change occur, I hope that your timetable is correct, though I don't see just inaction going on for the next ten years. I make that assumption with another one, that somehow this current financial crisis is alleviated soon, as in before the end of 2008/mid 2009. I don't see any way for who ever is in office to not make some headway in the HC reform, as the middle class budget crunch has as much to do with rising premiums as with gas prices.

daveawayfromhome said...

Ah, Cheech and Chong! I'm not too young for those two, I just never listened to them much. My interest ran towards the Brits (with a sprinkling of Steve Martin).

It's funny all the interest in 2012 by the doomsayers lately (the new New Millenia, apparently), because I'd figure that's about when all this crap we're angry about now will come to a boil. I have little faith in the Democrats to set anything right, my main hope is that they dont fuck it up any worse. But someone's going to have to fix it, and I'm hoping that by 2012 we'll have woken up enough to find and elect that person(s).