Monday, December 05, 2005

more quoting

I seem to be using up all my words elsewhere these days, so I'll give you another quote:

Granny (a witch) is talking to the Count (a vampire who attempted a new form of vamprism where everyone in the village was supposed to line up and be bled, just a little, for the Count and his "family"). The Count has just had his head severed, though it is still sitting up on his neck.
"It was a sharp ax", she said. "Who says there's no mercy in the world? Just dont nod, that's all. And someone'll take you down to a nice cold coffin and I daresay fifty years'll just fly past and maybe you'll wake with enough sense to be stupid."
There was a murmer from the crowd as they came back to life. Granny shook her head.
"They want you deader than that, I see," she said... "An' there's ways, oh yes."... She raised a hand to silence the crowd.
"No, fifty years to think about things, that's about right. People need Vampires, she said. "They helps 'em remember what stakes and garlic are for."
from Terry Pratchett's Carpe Jugulum

4 comments:

Omnipotent Poobah said...

Ah, the hell with the stakes and garlic, let's just string 'em up now!

rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

you sir, expand my sense of...er how diverse an individual you are daily.


oh.......blogspot sucks.

but it's free!

daveawayfromhome said...

re: blogspot. I'll assume you're referring to yesterdays hours-long unavailability. That was damned annoying. I've asked for my own domain name for X-mas, but then, of course, I'd have to pay someone to host it...

Free is good.

rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

dave can you email me please?