Thursday, January 19, 2006

dont sake a meme

I really, really need to put up a sign over on the sidebar. A simple white box, with a red circle in it, slashed. In the circle, the word "tagging". But I havent yet, so I have no one but myself to blame. Sort of.

Still, I'm doing this for Concha Loca, because... well I dont know why.

Maybe because my mother raised me to be polite to ladies. Maybe because I respect a person who deals with chickens (my parents, both farm-raised, both told rooster stories of fear and pain)(and rather stringy-eating).

Anyway, this is it, the last time, I swear.

I been tagged.

Today's meme is a tempting platter of personal oddities, i.e.:

Name 5 things about you that are weird.
  1. I worry about the feeling of inanimate objects. Remember Charlie Brown buying the crap tree because he felt sorry for it. That's me. I also do this thing I call the "whammy finger" to get through stop lights (it keeps the light from turning red). After, I must thank the light, so that it wont hold it against me next time.
    Of course, I could just be obsessive-compulsive.

  2. I have a degree in Fine Arts with an emphasis on Photography. I own a complete darkroom, with 2 enlargers. I love photography, shooting and printing. Nevertheless, I have not shot anything on a piece of film in at least 2 years, and I rarely use even my digital camera.

  3. I eat peanut-butter and pickle sandwiches. I recommend them highly. (use white bread)

  4. Apparently, while I'm asleep, I have odd conversations with my wife. Once, I started growling. When my wife asked me what was wrong, I replied, "I'm a monster."
  5. I drive my children crazy with something I call "the Rhyming Game". My wife claims I taught it to her, but we both do it together now. It starts at random, usually after someone accidentally rhymes something. Then it becomes a contest to continue the rhyming. So if my youngest daughter exclaims, "Oops, I almost kicked the cat!", and my oldest daughter innocently responds, "dont do that!", I might be compelled to say something like, "Just tell it to SCAT!", then my wife could ask, "Was it wearing a hat?". And so on.
Okay, now for the basebuilding in this pyramid meme: I call upon the powers of air and darkness!

Also, Tree Story, Totally, Polanco ('cause things have been pretty serious over there, of late), Elvira, and, since I seem to be tagging all women here, Whinger. Dont feel compelled to join this little Amway club, though, I'm not going to make it compulsory. And, for God's sake, dont feel the need to make five more people do it after you do.

6 comments:

rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

are you sure you like photography?

i have put in for a fix for meme's after concha got me. i will keep you up to date on what's going on with it.

daveawayfromhome said...

Love photography, miss it like hell. But, like any serious art, it requires concentration, which is in real short supply with my night job and two young kids and a wife who only really sees me on weekends.
So, I keep all the equipment, and I think about photography a lot. I aint dead yet, and some day the girls will be more self-sufficient, and my wife will see me weekdays also (or I'll get more sleep, either one), and all that stuff will be waiting for me.

One of the sections that will be in my website will contain some of my past (huh, it's all past) work. Someday.

Omnipotent Poobah said...

Dave,
I can relate to the photography item, the same thing happened to me, except 20 years ago. In the end I figured out that I liked the idea of photography more than I liked doing it.

I'm also proud to find another lover of PBP, peanut butter and pickle. A fine sandwich as is a sardine and peanut butter or a mayo and peanut butter. In fact, PB goes with just about anything. Take sex for example...well, maybe we'll just stop there.

daveawayfromhome said...

I had a roommate who used to merciless harrass me for my PBandP, even as he ate a sandwich made from braunschweiger and grape jelly. I shudder even now to think about it.

Actually, the thought of PB and sardine kind of does that to me also.

Whinger said...

I have been known to apologize to more than one inanimate object upon running into it.

And don't think I can be drawn into your sneaky little meme schemes.

*Diabolical laughter.*

daveawayfromhome said...

I will heartily applaud all who can resist the meme. You are stronger than I.