Friday, January 27, 2006

the velcro president

Burning midnight oil here at work after clocking out, spending precious sleep time on blogging since there will be no joy at home. Had to share this with ya'll, since I've seen no one else comment on it (though I hadnt checked Rude Pundit yet, alas, no time!)
These are Dubya's actual words. When I heard this on the radio yesterday, or whenever, I actually guffawed. Who knew I had a real one in me? But you'll find your inner guffaw with this one, too:
'A political party, in order to be viable, is one that professes peace, in my judgment, in order that it will keep the peace,' Bush was quoted as saying in a Wall Street Journal interview. (this particular quote is from Forbes)
He was talking about Hamas, reiterating "that the United States will not deal with Hamas as long as it does not renounce violence" (sez the WaPo) .
Why, why, why, does George Bush insist on saying things that our enemies can say right back at him? Since when does the Bush Corporation, and therefore the Republican Party, represent "peace". Is there a bigger bunch of war-hawks outside of a banana republic?
Oh yeah, I forgot, we invaded Iraq to keep the peace. Duh, stupid me, War Is Peace, isnt it?

Unless someone else is doing it.

Maybe instead of employing rhetoric against the Bush Administration, all opposition should just start chanting
"I'm made of rubber, you're made of glue!
Everything you say bounces off me and sticks to you!
Nyah, nyah-nyah,nyah, nyah!!
I've always thought world politics resembles nothing so much as a bunch of 8-year-olds on a playground, anyway.

3 comments:

rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

catch 22 was way ahead of it's time which would be now.

Omnipotent Poobah said...

Another example of the topsy turvy world the nitwit lives in.

I'm glad you got a laugh from it. I only cried.

daveawayfromhome said...

I had to laugh, it's too ironic, like Dr. Strangelove or something...

Actually, I didnt find Dr. Strangelove funny at all. But it's laugh, cry or scream, so I choose laugh, because it feels better, and still leaves room for anger.