Tuesday, February 28, 2006

BlogRoll ver2.0

Welcome to Dave's Blogroll, ver.2.0. There's a lot of links here, and it's all pretty good stuff, too. Dont read anything into the order things are listed in, at least within their catagories. I'm too old (and too lazy) to be playing the Favorites Game.
Such is life, right?

These are all fine blogs which give their siren call to me on a more or less daily basis:
Contrary Brin
Ran Prieur
Rude Pundit
Whinger
Raed in the Middle
Preston thinks
Aunt Sassy
Falafel Sex
The Phantom Professor
Hotrocks
Dear Leader's Daily Thought


These are blogs about politics and science and other people stuff:
Today in Iraq
Welcome to the Now
The Rare Sixth Sense
Majikthise
Action is Eloquence
Bitch, ph.d.
Pandagon
Heritic Fig
Boing Boing
Blog For America
Newsricks the news in limerick form (really, I swear).
Semper Gumby
Mad Mustard
the Skeptical Observer
the Reform Club

These blogs are more personal,or sometimes just wierd, though that's not to say they dont deal with the stuff above from time to time. Some comedy, some pathos, all the usual stuff of life:
Suburban Turmoil
I'd Rather Be Happy Than Right
Word
Chocolate cake is a nice surprise, _________is not
World Scott
Milan's Daily
Demonbaby
Angry Chimp
Little Man, What Now?
motellage w/ Motor Inn
Bathysphere
Spastic
Dont Mess With Cupcake
The Twinkie Experiment (big window/little window/big window)
The Worst Hour in Radio History
Hollywhatever
Define Normal by the Red Pants of Justice
Roots and Wings
Flan: not quite jelly, not quite cake
ocbkitchen
Pop's Bucket
Car Bombs, Bronx Bombers, and Breasts


art and music:
Eyes Wide Apart
Photo-a-Day
Lightning Studio
On An Overgrown Path
Xquisite-India Chirayu Photography
Observations on the Arts Today
Fish or Cut Bait
Kevin Mills Photography
Tomas Muse, stories n' links
Twitz: a strip a day
thedalyblog
Paul W Ruiz : Paintings and Drawings
Red Shift: arts reviews
A Softer World": more comix... well, sort of
everybody cares, everybody understands


religion:
The Cornell Society for a Good
Time

Thoughts on Life and Faith
Zen Filter
Bible Mysteries Revealed!
Preston thinks


individual posts or sites of interest:
find the man among the beans!
check out this Ferrari wreck!
beer prayer
poem from Bush Quotes
a wonderful post about getting a perm. really!
"Golden Rules"
a night of televangelist-lackey-baiting
the 6 Lessons of School
An article on Dean Kamen - science hero (inventor of segueway transporter)
Scientists Riot!
The Cost of War
Instructions for something called Throwies which are magnetic LEDs which can be used for graffiti-like decoration


Other cool Internet stuff:
Internet Public Library
TPM cafe
Worldchanging
Uncyclopedia: not Wikipedia
The Discordian Coloring Book
Biblical Legos


These are my "mutual" links, that is, blogs to which I am linked and who are, astonishingly enough, linked to me also:
Sympathetic Stupid
Dave's Evil Twin
Tree Story
Reverend Billy Bob Gisher
United We Lay
Science and Politics
Totally...
Library Bitch
Spoonfighter
Death and Taxes
Omnipotent Poobah
Stinkhorn Rodeo
Dont Floss with Tinsel
Elvira, Mistress of the Blog


Go to Blog Roll ver 1.0

3 comments:

Omnipotent Poobah said...

I look forward to perusing the links. I think you have some uncommonly good recommendations if your past lists are any indication.

BTW, I've been meaning to ask, where does Dave go when he goes away from home?

daveawayfromhome said...

You know, sometimes I think I should've come up with a new name, but I just like the way "daveaway" flows. It comes from back in my early days with internet mail, when we only had one e-mail account for the whole family, and I wanted something I could use at work also. Since I planned to primarily use it away from home, I named it Daveawayfromhome at Yahoo. Now, if I change the name, all those years worth of being Daveawayfromhome are lost and I've got to say, "hey, this is the new me" to everyone who knows me a s Daveawayetc and that's just not worth it.

So I guess the answer is, "nowhere".
Except work. And occassionally my parents house. And the store.

Where I usually want to go, is to sleep.

Steven LaRose said...

Wow! Thanks for inluding me in the 2.0. Do you have any good images that I can use to give the readers at Fish or Cut Bait some eye-candy when I link back-atcha?