Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Challenge! Answered!

If only they had roving eyes, I would be in heavenHa!
It's not nice to taunt Daveawayfromhome! Because you never know when he's gonna come up with a nice fish to smack you upside the head with!

First, to go with the picture, there's a Book! It's called Velvet Elvis: Repainting the Christian Faith, by Rob Bell. It discusses Christianity and Jesus from a "fresh" perspective. No, I havent read it, but it sounds interesting and if the library has it, I'll give a whirl. Here's a testimonial:
This book is beautifully written. I have become not only a better Catholic but a better Christian. Rob writes with a guided hand to help truly Re-paint the Christian Faith. Finding truth where truth is, is one of the thoughts that help unite Gods people, not just those that consider themselves People of God. It is a much bigger picture than we can see, Velvet Elvis truly helped me to see even more of that picture!!
Velvet Elvis has Truly Helped. Words to live by, you know.

Okay, but maybe Jesus books dont float your boat. But you know you love Elvis! Everybody loves Elvis! Well here's a website for a guy who will paint your picture, on velvet, AS ELVIS!! How cool is that? Actually, it's the same guy who painted the above picture.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this Velvet Elvis thing! OMG, I have to get one for my sister. I gave her a velvet Elvis many years ago for her birthday and she loved it—she still hangs it up in her room. Maybe I can get them a family portrait made. Oh yeah baby!

rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

rebecca: does your sister have a functioning womb? do we still have time left or has she already had children?

dave: i feel like getting a bucket of gravy and a banana sandwich with a glass of cairo syrup and powdered sugar and sitting down to watch professional wrestling.

The works of Dllee said...

nice find dave.