Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Told you so

Well, somewhere I told you so. I've spent the last hour and a half searching my archives for the proof, but I cant find it anywhere. Maybe I said it in a comment somewhere (quite likely).
What I said was along the lines of "Republicans in Congress are throwing a fit about illegal wiretapping, not because they dont like it, but because the president didnt include them in on it ". I'd show you the link if I could.

I can show this link, though, in which Senate Republicans sell the American people down the river, in exchange for a piece of the spying pie.
Oooo! Big surprise.
Here I was thinking that maybe Republicans were finally deciding that BushCo wasnt the greatest thing since sliced welfare mother, and it turns out they were just bitching about their share of dessert.

One question I might have here, though, which involves the timing. Just yesterday, a federal judge in Brooklyn demanded information from the Justice Department about possible government eavesdropping on conversations between eight former terror suspects who are now suing the government (there's also a judge in Virginia seeking information in a seperate case). Funny how this agreement has happened the next day. Coincidence?

Incidentally, Republicans support domestic wiretapping, without a whole lot of Democratic fuss. Read the Omnipotent Poobah for a possible reason why this is so.

Update: HA! found it!

1 comment:

Omnipotent Poobah said...

Coincidence lays at the heart of the alternative universe George lives in. It's a pleasant place. He's always on vacation there and there are no newspapers.