Saturday, September 09, 2006

observations

Normally, I dont read the Dallas Observer much. It's not that I dont like it, it's just that I've only got so many hours in a day, and most of those are taken up with less trivial stuff, like sleep or work. Today, though, I had my youngest at the McPlayground, so had time to kill. I'm going to link you now to two articles.
1) Is a thoughtful and balanced commentary by Jim Schutze on what we may soon be refering to as "the Katrina Problem", except perhaps in Houston where the language may not be quite so nice.
2) Is a rather grim article that I'm linking less because I think everyone should read it, than because some day, when my daughters of are an age to make some very bad decisions, I may want to find it again, and perhaps place the link in their path. Putting it into the record here may help that end.

No comments: