Saturday, December 15, 2007

buy a $200 laptop for $400
you'll be glad you did

those funky little ears on the computer are wi-fi antennasReally, that sounds like some sort of government contract for Halliburton, but I'm serious. For $400, you can get yourself one of these snazzy laptops, and while that may seem pretty steep for a computer with no hard drive , bear in mind that what you are actually buying is two laptops. It's just that you only get to keep one. The other goes to a child somewhere in Africa, or Asia, or maybe South America. Someplace, at any rate, where having a computer would be a really big deal, even if it is bright green and incapable of playing Halo.

Hell, I'd do it. If I had any money that is. But then, I'm selfish, and I really do want one of those computers, and this is the only way to get one. So if anyone out there would like make my Christmas a really kick-ass one, feel free to pay for this for me. Really, I'd appreciate it. I'll even write a post thanking you, and I'd do it using bright green keys.

2 comments:

rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

the heck are you going to do with it dave?

daveawayfromhome said...

Same thing I generally do on a computer - surf and write. Photoshop can wait for home.