Saturday, January 05, 2008

drive-by, mk.II

just a few more thoughts -

- Huckabee won the race in Iowa on the GOP side, using a much smaller amount of money than Mit Romney, who spent a lot of money. Which sounds more like a true conservative?

- I find myself thinking that elections would be a lot more interesting (and productive) if voting were done like on "Survivor". Instead of voting for the prom queen in one go, maybe we could watch our candidates in action for a while, then have a national vote to kick one of them out of the race. Start off with a large field, with teams, just like the show. I bet the results would be much different, and the public would get far more involved. I wish we had done that here in Texas for the last Governor's race, because I'll bet old Rentboy Rick wouldnt have made it to Austin that way.

2 comments:

Chance said...

That a terrific idea. The candidates could argue all they wanted that they didn't have enough political room. They'd have to show us what they got as is, or get out.

daveawayfromhome said...

I also like the idea that instead of being "winner take all", it would be "loser goes away". One at a time.