Monday, February 23, 2009

yak yak yak

When he tells me personally, then I'll give you my soul.  Until then you're just an insurance salesman.
I've been watching Joan of Arcadia recently, and it's a lovely show, which I would happily recommend (assuming you like low-key teen dramas which explore moral questions). It came out at about the same time as my beloved Wonderfalls, which makes me think of this: was Wonderfalls commissioned by FOX, in anticipation of the upcoming Joan on CBS? We know that studios do that kind of copy-cat show-making all the time. Of course, instead of getting a serious examination of teenagers and morality, what they got was a snarky gen-y'er dealing with supernatural plush toys, which may explain the lack of support from FOX (cancelled after only four shows, moved after two).

Anyway, that led to me a thought on religion: Religion is like a really good idea that was then run through a bunch of committees, none of whom will actually have to live with the decisions. I'm really hoping that those in charge of religions are almost right, but find themselves severely scolded upon presenting themselves at the pearly gates*.


* It'd be especially nice if they were sent back to try it again, this time perhaps as a girl from a small village in Africa.

No comments: