Tuesday, November 09, 2010

a thought

Okay, so I was thinking about the strikes and protests of the 30's, and if you look at pictures you'll see cops, lots of cops. But it occurs to me that due to tax cuts we dont have the numbers that seemed to exist back in the day, so that maybe when we finally do get so fed up that we start striking or protesting or rioting or whatever, we wont have the level of violence you see from olden days.

Then I remembered all those private "security" companies, like Blackwater, or whatever it's calling itself these days.

Then I remember that many of those personnel have had plenty of training in urban warfare over the last (almost) decade.

Good thing I dont hold much faith in conspiracy theories.

Though I do believe that while the theories may be crap, you dismiss their details at your peril.


2 comments:

Pryme said...

Don't forget that most big businesses have their own security detail. This way they have people who can respond quicker than the police, and who are more loyal to the companies.

Omnipotent Poobah said...

...leading the only possible conclusion. Unionize everybody and go on strike together.

Co-opting is next to Godliness.