Friday, January 06, 2006

gbirbsih, but not.

I got this a couple months ago from Contrary Brin, saving it for a lazy day. I'm going to share it now, then go watch some TV.
"i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? Yaeh, and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt"
Got it?

3 comments:

United We Lay said...

As an English teacher, I have to say that I do not condone bad spelling, but I've seen this before. It's hard to read, but not impossible, unless, like me, you are dyslexic.

daveawayfromhome said...

Really! I find that as fascinating as I find the ability to read it.
How do dyslexics read? Is there no instant recognition? Do you have to actually decode the letters each time? I dont want you to think I'm picking on you here. I've never researched anything about dyslexia, even though I find it interesting (I supposed I'll have to, now).

Just this morning, my 9 year-old read it perfectly (after a bit of editing for mistakes in the text). On the other hand, she reads at level higher than most (local) high school students, so I shouldnt be too surprised.

rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

cuel biens!