Thursday, May 17, 2007

fair weather

Today I went to a job fair. It was a nightmare. I'd do it again, and I'll go to every other one that comes along, but oh, God was it a nightmare. Job fairs combine a whole host of things I hate:
  1. Dressing up.
  2. Placing your self-worth on the line with people who dont know you from the other 200 people in the room.
  3. Answering tricky questions requiring buzz-word answers designed to weed out people.
  4. "selling" yourself.
I hate talking about myself, I really do. I'll give opinions till the cows come home, and blogging is good for self-inspection, but to stand around answering questions about my thoughts, beliefs and history? Feh! I can do the job, and do it well (any job, that I choose to do), but Lord I hate jumping through hoops to get to that point. And then there's the question I hate most of all: "Do you have any more questions about our Organization?"

Umm, no?

No comments: