Monday, May 21, 2007

a question or two

I have just one question: Why doesnt the new immigration legislation contain provisions to fine or jail those who hire illegal immigrants? Would they even bother to come here if they couldnt easily find work? Ask yourself again why King George, who is no friend to the poor but is a big friend to Big Money, is so interested in a program to let in foriegn workers? Even in Europe, where all those crazy liberal policies occur (like providing health care to all citizens without making profits for private insurance companies), they are trying to pass such laws. What's so hard that we cannot do it? It seems to me a simple answer to the immigration problem, based on a simple question: If the jobs arent available, will they stay here or go home?

8 comments:

United We Lay said...

That's what I've been saying!

United We Lay said...

I should also mention - here with no job is better than home with no job. They'll stay here.

daveawayfromhome said...

I dont think so, actually. It's not nicer here when you have no money.

United We Lay said...

I guess it depends on where you come from.

daveawayfromhome said...

I'm thinking in terms of how much it costs to be poor here.

Omnipotent Poobah said...

Having seen many a Third World slum or famine up close and personal, I think they'd want to stay.

Not to minimize it, but our homeless live more prosperous lives than the working poor in many other countries.

rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

you mean you want to punish american buisness? my god why?

daveawayfromhome said...

Marxism, Rev, of course. Isnt that the only reason to want to control the avarice of the business class?

Pooby, I'll admit that the poor live better here in America than they do elsewhere, but it costs a lot more, much of which comes from two-bit jobs and welfare assistance, neither of which I think should be available to illegal immigrants. I'm not anti-immigration, just anti-illegal immigration. By all means, let them in, but make sure they're here legally, so that when they are exploited or abused, they will not be afraid to complain.