Friday, February 15, 2008

post: ex-factoid

I am so sick of this telecom immunity thing. Does nobody else recognise the hard sell?
Well, I need to have an answer right away, 'cause there was naother counrty here looking at this baby also, and it's the last one in stock.
Here's a question: If you can grant immunity to the telecoms ex post facto, can you revoke it ex post facto, too?
I'm sick of the Bush Administration, I'm sick of their daily lies, I'm sick of the spin and the rationaizations and the absurd logic that passes for proof from them. Mostly though, I'm sick of being told to FEAR. You know what the prime difference between the Clinton presidency and the Bush presidency is? Clinton was positive, but Bush is all negative. Sure Bill was a horn-dog and an asshat, but he didnt build you up by tearing someone else down. Bush acts in a manner which we would never accept from our children, and he does it using countries.

Hey, here's another question: What does it matter if Congress passes the bill or not? Bush will do whatever he wants to do, regardless of law, or even of reason. Who's going to stop him? The stacked courts? The pussies in the Democratic Party? The voters???

Here, let's describe the Republican party, at least as its leadership stands now, in simple terms: They are the Sith.
The Sith are portrayed in various Star Wars media as individuals who use the dark side to attain power at any cost. The prequel films establish that they draw upon strong emotions, both negative and positive, as the source of their power, and care only about themselves.
Seriously, am I right? What we need is a Jedi Knight, who'll come in and kick their dark asses, but without malice, and in a spirit of Justice, rather than Revenge. I'm not crazy about Obama, but does anyone really think that Hillary is that Jedi?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Spot-fucking-on assessment Dave..

I also love the Jedi squirrels so much I filched the graphic ;)