Wednesday, March 18, 2009

For reasons I cannot explain



Theres some part of me wants to see
Graceland
And I may be obliged to defend
Every love, every ending
Or maybe there's no obligations now
Maybe I've a reason to believe
We all will be received
In Graceland



The wife and I went to Memphis this weekend. She wanted to see Graceland and the Mississippi (she'd never been east of Arkansas), and I wanted to go with her. So we did.
Was anything resolved? No, not really.
It boils down to this: she's unhappy, and doesnt really know why. She says she loves me, she says she doesnt want a divorce. I believe her. She also says she needs to learn to do things on her own, and that I need to do things on my own. I believe that, too.
So call this a sabatical, perhaps.

Anyway, everything since Friday was pre-programmed, which is how I could look like I was still around, even though I was on the road and deliberately without a computer.
Now I'm back.

8 comments:

Pryme said...

re: pre-prgrammed posts

Don't you just love that feature? Sometimes I just pick random times of day (even times when I'm most likely sleeping or something) just to see if anyone notices.

Anyway: welcome back!

daveawayfromhome said...

Yeah, pre-posting rocks. I use it almost always, except for timely stuff.

Chance said...

Well, the trip sounds vaguely positive. I hope things work out for you.

daveawayfromhome said...

So far, so good. Currently at home, which is good.
Glad to hear from you, Chance, I've been worried about you.

Anonymous said...

Oh Dave, I thought of you last night when there was a show about Priscilla on the Bio Channel. I've never been there, but have heard that Graceland is surprisingly small and modest for having been the home of Elvis.
I did a movie that his stepbrother/bodyguard directed a few years back. He had lots of fun stories... some not so fun... he was one of the first on the scene when they found Elvis' body.

Anyway... I'm just thinking of you... hoping you're doing alright... knowing you'll get through this with patience and understanding.
I may not have a full grasp on human interactions, but I know that when two people love each other, anything is possible. XOXO

daveawayfromhome said...

It's not a small house, but especially compared to the mcmansions that are popping up all over town here, it's not huge either. And unlike a "modern" mansion, it didnt appear to have rooms dedicated to things like wrapping gifts or stupid stuff like that. One of my favorite parts was the basement, where Elvis' pool table and TV room was - not a special new wing or anything grandiose - just a couple of basement rooms that were fancier than most.
Of course, the decore was excrable, but it was the 70's.

Anonymous said...

I hope things work out for you as well. Feel free to drop a line if you need to talk. You know where to find me.

Good luck my friend.

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Sounds a wee bit better now, a wee bit.

Take care.