Wednesday, March 11, 2009

so, what is necessary?

So Andrew Card thinks that health care is a "want" rather than a "need" (no, he doesnt say that directly, but I'm pretty sure that's what he means - but he left himself denial space). Well, I'd say that Wall Street and its horse-race mentality is a "want" rather than a "need" also. Maybe I'm wrong?
Oh, and Mr Wamp? It's no more a "privilege" than cheap gas is.

Addendum:

The more I look at the sentence "It's no more a "privilege" than cheap gas is", the more I think there's something wrong with it. I think I got something backwards there (but this is not to say that I'm agreeing with Wamp, just that my example is wrong).

Additional Addendum:

I think maybe what I should have said was that health care is no more a "privilege" than education is: both lead to a more productive society, which ought to make those whose wealth comes from exploitation of that productivity very happy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's no more a "priviledge" than cheap gas is. Bravo!

I am sick to death of idiots today...and I really would like to dig a big hole and drop them all in it..from a helicopter.

Pryme said...

and Ari Fleischer was just outraged that Chris Matthews said (*GASP*) that 9/11 happened on G.W. Bush's watch. Apparently we were all unaware that Al Gore was President until 9/12/01, or something.

daveawayfromhome said...

Perhaps they are finally admitting that Al Gore should have been president after all?

Nope, sorry, couldnt keep a straight face (like a neocon could admit they were ever wrong - psshh!)