Monday, October 26, 2009

I-pod love

Lydia tagged me over on Facebook, and I thought I'd just make it one of my random I-pod posts, because I can.

Ipod ShuffleShare
Mon at 6:51pm
If I tagged you, it's probably because I'm guessing you have wonderful, eclectic taste in music, and I'd like to expand my selection....thanks! And if I didn't tag you, I reached my limit....)

Once you've been tagged...
(1) Turn on your iPod, MP3 player, iTunes, Victrola, 8-track deck, or hurdy-gurdy.
(2) Go to SHUFFLE songs mode (or scatter your cassettes/78's about your parlor randomly).
(3) Write down the first 21 songs that come up--song title and artist. NO editing/cheating, please. Even if it's some of that devil jazz music the kids are so into these days.
(4) Choose a bunch people to be tagged. It is generally considered to be in good taste to tag the person who tagged you.
If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about your musical tastes, or at least a random sampling thereof.


Of course, I dont do tagging, not because I hate people who tag, but because it's just not my way. On the other hand, feel free to do one of these yourself.

My List:

1. "Pure Drama" - Downset
2. "I Call Your Name" - Beatles
3. "Travel Is Dangerous" - Mogwai
4. "50 Ways To Leave Your Lover" - Paul Simon
5. "Rambling Pony [Complete Master Version]" - Fleetwood Mac
6. "Tourist Point Of View" - Duke Ellington & His Orchestra
7. "Within You Without You" - Beatles
8. "Silver Millionaire" - Chainsaw Kittens
9. "I Wont Dance" - Frank Sinatra
10. "What's On Your Mind" - Information Society
11. "Gloria (ii)" - Palestrina
12. "It Ought To Be Easier" - Lyle Lovett
13. "Once In A Lifetime" - Talking Heads
14. "Burden of the Angel/Beast" - Bruce Cockburn
15. "Sabbath Prayer" - Fiddler On The Roof Soundtrack (film)
16. "Lake Of Fire" - Nirvana
17. "Rex Tremendae Majistatis" - Mozart
18. "Dead" - Pixies
19. "The Infanta" - The Decemberists
20. "Szasregeni Szido Tanc" - Muzsikas
21. "Underneath The Bunker" - R.E.M.

Lydia, as far as expanding your collection, as an 80's afficianado, I'll assume you're all Bruce Cockburned up (pronounced Co-burn) already, but if not, get some of his stuff.

3 comments:

the Brother said...

Yeah, I know you didn't mean to "do one of these yourself" here, but, well, just because I'm not doing anything else at the moment:

Song; Artist; Album
1) Handel: Water Music Suite No. 1 in F Major- VI. Air; Philharmonica Symphony Orchestra; Millenium Masterpieces- Disc 3
2) Honey Bee; Stevie Ray Vaughan; Live at Carnegie Hall
3) Summertime; Booker T. & the MG's; The Best of Booker T. & the MG's
4) My Lovely Man; Red Hot Chili Peppers; Blood Sugar Sex Magik
5) Strange Meadow Lark; Dave Brubeck Quartet; Time Out
6) I'm Only Looking; INXS; Full Moon, Dirty Hearts
7) I Can't Help It (if I'm Still in Love With You); Patsy Cline; The Patsy Cline Collection: Heartaches
8) The Village Church; Yellowjackets; Club Nocturne
9) A Love Supreme, Pt. 1: Acknowledgement; John Coltrane; A Love Supreme
10) Spanish Caravan; The Doors; The Best of the Doors
11) Brown Sugar; the Rolling Stones; Rewind
12) Mercamon; Galactic; Ruckus
13) Rockin' Chair; Louis Armstrong & His All-stars; History of Jazz: the Be-Bop Revolution
14) Boogie Oogie Oogie; A Taste of Honey; DJ Mix: 25 Years of Dance
15) Search; String Cheese Incident; Live from Bonnaroo: 2002
16) Calcutta; Dixie Dregs; Full Circle
17) Running on Faith; Eric Clapton; 24 Nights
18) Fugitive Life; Bob James & Earl Klugh; Cool
19) Too Marvelous For Words; Frank Sinatra; The Capitol Years
20) Travelin' Light; Widespread Panic; Light Fuse, Get Away
21) Ten Dollar Man; ZZ Top; Tejas

Hmm, not bad.

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Some good stuff there Dave, me and Eva just got an iMac to play with it is super sweet indeed.

daveawayfromhome said...

@ The Brother: I'm a bit disappointed in mine, not quite as representative as I would like it to be, but then it is random, isnt it?
Or, at least as random as I-tunes is capable of being (which, honestly, isnt terribly random).

@ DHG: I've got an old Apple Cube that a Mac-geek friend of mine is (very) slowly making usable. Someday I hope to play with it. Mac is too expensive for me to aquire any other way (Cube cost = $10 at garage sale).