Wednesday, August 08, 2012

6 years!

WOOT!


Aaaand, that's about all the excitement I can muster.

So, it's been six years since I started blogging writing actual posts. I'm not sure how long it's been since I stopped, yet still the blog continues on. I dont want to end it, it's become a part of my identity, but it's in a kind of limbo state these days while I... not re-asses... I dont know what to call it. I'll keep putting stuff here, for the rest of my life, I hope.
Sometimes I think that when this blog hasnt kept up with who I am, but I'm not sure how to reconcile then and now. I dunno. I've been playing with my various blogs more lately (I started a new one, which I've kind of been obsessing over in my mildly OCD way), but nothing so far has really replaced the outlet that this blog once was for me. Maybe I just dont have the rage anymore (though that seems unlikely), or maybe I just got tired of the pointless spleen-venting. Actually, thinking about it, it may that as Blogger separated itself into more partisan pieces, and as people drifted of to other venues, the fun of ranting and counter-ranting has worn away.
I miss some of the folks who've gone away, Reverend Billy Bob, Holster, Chance, Saur, UWL, sometimes even Uncle Logician and jsull. But then there are plenty of real-life people I miss, too. Sometimes I see them again, sometimes I dont. Such is life.

So, if you're a regular reader (do I still have those?), and yes, I mean you Lydia, Pooby, and Pryme, then dont worry too hard about not getting your occasional shot o' Dave, because I plan on being here for years to come.

2 comments:

Omnipotent Poobah said...

Congrats my friend! I'll be right there with you!

Pryme said...

Six years is almost a lifetime for blogging, so good on ya.