Wednesday, October 15, 2008

gurgling from the tubes*

- Damned Activist Judges® making laws again.
- Welcome back to Rebecca at Death And Taxes, who went away for a while, but now is back. Yay!
- Ever hear of Jane Elliot? And her Blue Eye/Brown Eye experiment?
- I keep mentioning this study in comments, so now I'm putting it in a post so I can find again easily. Jennifer Whitson, in collaboration with Adam Galinsky, did a study about how people react when they feel that things have gotten out of their control. Result: "The less control people have over their lives, the more likely they are to try and regain control through mental gymnastics", often of the seeing patterns where patterns are not variety. Which explains a lot.
- For Thanksgiving (early): Sarah Palin hand turkeys!
- Just because Obama's kicking McCain's ass fund-raising, dont think he's outspending the Republican party.
- I've passed my 3-year anniversary without mention, but I wish I'd said something like this when I did it. (Props to Coturnix)
- The social life of political books. Blogs of a feather, stick together.
- The Show.
- "Liberal bias", my ass!
* By the way, the battle for net neutrality is still on, folks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jane Elliot's site is a trip..thanks Dave for putting up the link to it..been reading it with great interest.