Sunday, January 24, 2010

today's wtf moment

Seriously, this is just stupid. Go ahead, take a minute to skim it (you dont have to read it too closely, just in case the stupid might rub off). It is a diatribe about the show Glee (disclosure: I've never watched the show, nor do I intend to), and includes this gem...
There are no teens cured of their relentless and wild male sex desires, there are no moral figures on hand to give a comforting hand, there are no popular boys who say, “I don’t want to hurt my family anymore and I love Jesus, so I am going to stop doing gay things with guys in the bathroom.”
Um... Dude, repress much?
The Facebook post which I got the link from said "Christians like this give Christians like me a bad name". True, indeed. It is, in fact, attitudes like those of the idiot in the article which have caused me to give up on the church altogether. If you cant beat them, put your lead pipe in the garage and just stay home. And you can beat them; any victory is fleeting, in the end, stupidity always conquers.
Anyway, to Christians everywhere who thinks it's their job to make sure that everyone is Right With Jesus, I have a simple response for you:
Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
No, not enough? How about this one:
And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
And, lest you get all smug and talk about your charitable giving, I would ask you to consider this question: Do these "things" He refers to apply only to charitable acts, or to any and all acts?
Really? You think? Hope you're right*.

A Final thought: I didnt watch The Golden Girls (not deliberately, anyway), so it seems that perhaps I may have dodged a bullet on that one, huh? And has anyone else noticed the similarities between Golden Girls and Sex And The City?

Thus endeth today's sermon.



* You will burn in hell, and I will laugh at you. Laughing may be wrong, but goddamn it you righteous assholes piss me off.

1 comment:

Pryme said...

I've made that Golden Girls/SATC comparison for years and for years I was called crazy. Nice to know that I'm not alone on this one.

Watching the new Denzel Washington movie ("The Book of Eli") gave me a new perspective on how people can use/perceive the Bible (and what's in it) differently. If you haven't seen it yet, give it a look.