Saturday, August 19, 2006

heat and wave: the story continues

Have I mentioned yet that it's hot? I feel like I'm wintering in the North, only it's heat keeping me in, rather than cold. Maybe that's the problem. In the winter, you want to stay in, because it's inhospitable outside. But in the summer, you dont need special clothes (just the lack of them), and the sun is shining. But, still, it's inhospitable as hell (literally, just like Hell, but without the flames and sulpher)(but Rick Perry does qualify as Satan).
Anyway, for all you wussies out there in the North who were complaining about the heat a couple of weeks ago, I noticed that it's pretty much cooled down to a normal summer heat. Here in Texas though, the summer just keeps on giving. We've had twelve 100-degree days in a row so far, and a total of 35 100-degree days overall this summer (the chart below represents the temperatures thru Friday). Tomorrow will be over 100. Next week is calling for temps merely in the upper nineties (oh. joy.), so maybe that'll give us a bit of "relief".
Okay, so there were worse years.  This year still sucks.
Expect to see more bitching.

3 comments:

Chance said...

Yep. It remains hot up in this piece.

Even in the early morning.

Even in the middle of the night.

Hot.

I don't remember ever seeing so many yellow lawns (which to me is a good thing. Why waste water on grass?).

Unknown said...

Here where I dwell, we have what is referred to as a "dry heat". People say that it is worse back east because they have less heat, but more humidity. But being able to fry a egg on the sidewalk either way is too hot for me. You can only take off so many clothes without making someone sick....LOL

Unknown said...

We didn't bitch about the heat when we were kids..

Here in the valley, we had 14 straight days of temp's over 105, and half of them were 110. That dave, sucks pond scum..I don't care how old we are.