Tuesday, December 16, 2008

question

behold my hairdo of innocence!


So, Rod Blagojevich wont resign because he says he's done nothing wrong. Which leads me to this question: Is this simply a stance recommended by his lawyer, or does he actually believe he's innocent? And if the latter is true, what does this say about Chicago politics?

This is important, because if I'm wondering this, you can bet that Republicans are too, and they've got a somewhat bigger voice to ask that question with than a blog read by a half dozen people.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You know, I think these political folk, much like the Tom Cruises of the world live in a glass bubble where reality is really, I mean really truly, of their own making. That is the only thing that makes sense is how out of touch all of these people are.

Republicans as well.

Oh dear . . .

R

daveawayfromhome said...

The bubble is of our making. Not that it excuses them of their actions within it, especially since they know full well that the bubble exists before they go in. Nevertheless, we allowed the bubble to be formed.

Unknown said...

Dave,

I am sure you are right, and yet it is the politician's responsibility to put the public first--regardless of bubbling hopes (sorry for the bad pun). No longer do most of our representatives concern themselves about representing us--their public and our interests. the sad thing is, when i hear about these type of scandals, i am no longer surprised.

Anonymous said...

Seven people Dave, seven.

I think he actually believes it but I'm not sure it says much about Chicago politics that's anything most folks don't already know.

I think it says a lot about the man's state of mind. I'm going with the insanity defense.